- Alliance Group Investment Holding Company Limited ("Alliance"), its subsidiaries and associate companies, its employees, directors and shareholders respect the right to privacy and confidentiality of our potential and existing client's personal information.
- This policy discloses the privacy practices of Alliance, in accordance with privacy regulations and Data Protection Act of 2013 of the Kingdom of Lesotho.
- This policy applies solely to data collected by Alliance.
- This policy will define:
- The type of personal data that is collected.
- How personal data is collected, used, shared, stored and processed.
- The security procedures implemented to protect personal data.
- Your choices and rights regarding the use of your personal data.
- How you can contact Alliance for issues relating to your personal data, such as, correcting inaccuracies or to request the removal of your personal data.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
- We have access to any data that you voluntarily or legally provide on Alliance business forms, via email, telephone, chat functions, user registration, newsletter sign-up, promotions, competitions and surveys.
Through these means, we collect the following types of personal data:
- Full names, Passport Number, ID Number, ID Photo, Date of Birth, Gender, Physical Address, Postal Address, Email Address, Telephone Numbers, Employer, Banking Details, Mortuary Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Birth Certificates and Vehicle Registration Documents.
- Information about any complaints, enquiries, and communications with us.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data is processed for purposes of Alliance's legitimate business interests, provided that those interests do not override any of our customers own interests, rights, and freedoms. These legitimate business interests may include processing for policy administration, marketing, research and business development purposes.
Personal data may be used without knowledge or consent in situations when legally required or permitted, or when personal data has been anonymized or pseudonymized, so it is no longer associated with the customer. This means we have removed any personally identifying information so the data we're left with cannot be tied back to you as an individual.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Customization of content and user experience.
- Identity you when you visit any of Alliance's service centres.
- Account set up and administration.
- Conducting polls, surveys, and promotions.
- Internal research and development.
- Legal obligations as determined by the regulator.
- Internal audits.
- Fulfilment of obligations outlined in any agreements with customers.
- Gathering feedback and opinions on our services.
- Notification to customers of changes to our services.
- Responding to your requests and comments.
- Process your transactions.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data may be shared with regulators in compliance with regulation.
- Personal data may also be shared with third parties when it is necessary to provide services to clients, and/or other legitimate interests.
- Third parties that may access personal data must not retain, share, or use personal data beyond the defined purpose of fulfilling the service.
- Aggregated demographic data may be shared with our partners and advertisers. This data will not be linked to the identity of any individual customer.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data is retained for the duration necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Personal data may also be retained for longer periods if it is solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, regulatory purposes, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes. When defining the appropriate retention length, we adhere to relevant legal requirements.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Securing your data is a priority. We have implemented appropriate safeguards to prevent personal data from being lost, misused, accessed, altered, or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- Employees and third parties are provided only with personal data on a need-to-know basis and only the minimum amount they require to complete their specific job. All employees are also subject to confidentiality agreements and undergo training on the proper handling of sensitive data.
- Procedures have been developed and tested to handle a potential data breach. These procedures are designed to ensure affected individuals and regulators are notified of the breach and damages can be minimized.
RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We aim to maintain data that is accurate and up to date. Under the circumstance that your personal data changes (e.g. moving addresses), please notify us of any changes.
In certain instances, you may have the legal right to the following:
- Request all data we have collected about you, if any.
- Request correction to the personal data we have collected about you.
- Request we delete or remove personal data when there is no legitimate need for us to continue processing it.
- Object to the processing of personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Opt out of contact with us at any time.
- Express any concern about any data we have collected about you.
- To exercise these rights, kindly contact us via the email, mail, or phone information provided in the "Contact Information" section below.
EXTERNAL LINKS ON ALLIANCE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- On our website and/or social media platforms, you may encounter links to other partner websites. Kindly note that we are not responsible for the content and/or privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage all customers to read the privacy notices of any other sites that collect your personal data.
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE TODAY,
NO OBLIGATIONS, NO COSTS